Community Manager (Web3)
The Sui Foundation exists to support the development, growth and adoption of the Sui network. Sui is the first permissionless Layer 1 blockchain designed from the ground up to enable creators and developers to build unique Web3 experiences from gaming to finance.
The Sui Foundation is committed to three decentralization principles; Embrace transparency and level the playing field, Communicate openly to build a culture of trust, and Engage directly with the community.
Sui Foundation is seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Community Manager. A successful candidate will be responsible for managing the Sui Discord community and ensuring that our Discord channels are engaging, informative, and welcoming. Further, the Community Manager will also manage other online surfaces, including Telegram and Discourse. The Community Manager will be a primary point of contact for our community members and will work closely with our moderators, Developer Relations, Marketing, Education, and Product teams.
- Manage the Sui Discord, Telegram, and Discourse communities, including monitoring channels, responding to questions, and facilitating discussions
- Plan and execute Discord events and initiatives to drive engagement and foster community growth and culture
- Cross-collaborate with the Sui Foundation team’s to develop and promote content that is relevant and engaging to our Discord community
- Work closely with the moderators, Product, and Engineering teams to gather feedback from our Discord community and implement changes that enhance the user experience
- Ensure that our Discord channels are compliant with our community guidelines and company code of conduct
- Act as the bridge between internal teams and the community, helping connect the dots.
- Experience managing large Discord communities, with a deep understanding of Discord's features and functionality
- Strong communication skills and the ability to engage with the builder community members in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Proven track record of developing and executing successful Discord initiatives that drive engagement and growth
- Like to have: understanding of the web3 space and the ability to communicate complex concepts to a non-technical audience
- Like to have: strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Passion for community building and a genuine desire to foster a positive and inclusive community.
- Familiarity with web3 protocols and applications
- Experience working in the blockchain or cryptocurrency industry
- Experience with other community management platforms
Our team is 100% remote and we are hiring across the world. Here at the Sui Foundation, you’ll be joining a world-class team with tremendous growth potential as we bring the next billion users to web3.