Finance and Accounting Manager
The Sui Foundation exists to support the development, growth and adoption of the Sui network. Sui is the first permissionless Layer 1 blockchain designed from the ground up to enable creators and developers to build unique Web3 experiences from gaming to finance.
The Sui Foundation is committed to three decentralization principles; Embrace transparency and level the playing field, Communicate openly to build a culture of trust, and Engage directly with the community.
We are building a world-class team of finance and operations professionals who will be embedded partners with the business. We are seeking a Finance and Accounting Manager who will drive our financial planning and analysis, accounting, and reporting processes at Sui Foundation.
- Oversee all financial accounting and reporting for Sui Foundation.
- Cultivate strong cross-functional relationships with different functions and is able to communicate with legal, human resources, business development, and marketing.
- Take global ownership of the operational accounting, tax, financial reporting, internal controls, and regulatory filings.
- As an expert in US GAAP and IFRS standards, oversee and manage A/R, A/P, monthly close and general accounting, including detailed analysis, reconciliation, and reporting of all general ledger accounts and financial results.
- Take ownership of the relationship and direction of our third party service providers that support key functions.
- Establish effective and automated processes for financial reporting and analytics, setting budgets and forecasting costs.
- Act as in-house subject matter expert for accounting treatment and needs.
- Collaborate with external accounting to bring operations in-house.
- Review and enhance internal controls around financial reporting, compliance, and operations.
- Optimize a documented system of accounting policies and procedures. Implement a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversees the production of monthly financial statements and financial reports for management, and can explain the business reasons over the financial results.
- Recommend benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance.
- Prepare and monitor reports for daily cash positions and ensure adequate liquidity.
- Play a key role in expanding the company’s global footprint, supporting international subsidiary set up, transfer pricing, and building international accounting processes.
- Partner cross-functionally with Operations, People, Legal and other department leads.
- Perform other related duties as necessary, identified, or assigned.
- 5+ years experience. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant (highly preferred), with at least 5 years in Public Accounting (Big 4 preferred), or manager title and above in public accounting
- Deep understanding of US GAAP, IFRS, and tax regulations.
- Prior experience in financial services, fintech or crypto preferred.
- Demonstrated passion for crypto and web3.
- Ability to distill complex financial information and serve as a resource for colleagues.
- Proven experience in developing and managing a sound internal control environment in a startup, SaaS company, or other comparable organization.
- Ability to think creatively and plan for accounting and tax implications of future operations.
- Experience allocating costs across the development lifecycle.
Our team is 100% remote and we are hiring across the world. Here at the Sui Foundation, you’ll be joining a world-class team with tremendous growth potential as we bring the next billion users to web3.