Axelar delivers secure cross-chain communication. That means dApp users can interact with any asset or application on any chain via a proof-of-stake transport layer.
Axelar has raised capital from top-tier investors, including Binance, Coinbase, Dragonfly Capital and Polychain Capital. Partners include major proof-of-stake blockchains, such as Avalanche, Cosmos, Ethereum, or Polkadot. Axelar’s team comprises experts in distributed systems/cryptography and MIT/Google/Consensys alums; the co-founders, Sergey Gorbunov and Georgios Vlachos, were founding team members at Algorand.
Axelar is seeking an Ecosystem Lead to drive the growth of our vibrant community. As the Ecosystem Lead, you will define and execute an impactful community strategy, interact with our developer and retail communities, and leverage different channels and tactics to elevate Axelar's brand presence within the blockchain ecosystem. This role presents a unique opportunity to shape the direction of our community engagement efforts and contribute to the success of our innovative project.
- Develop a comprehensive community engagement strategy that aligns with Axelar's mission and business objectives.
- Cultivate relationships with community members, including developers, partners, influencers, and advocates.
- Manage a team of community moderators and contributors, creating processes and structures to build a tight-knit community.
- Proactively engage with community members to foster a supportive environment across Discord, Telegram, Twitter, and other channels to set shared objectives, create an open dialogue, build partnerships, and balance the interests of Axelar while sharing best practices.
- Track & address the concerns and questions of community members in a timely and customer-centric way across all social channels (Discord, Telegram, Twitter).
- Engage the community of Axelar partners (e.g., answering questions in partner's social channels when a new Axelar partnership is established).
- Identify hurdles and pain points across the ecosystem, and act as a wayfinder to alleviate these issues.
- Help build strategic capacity for network growth by identifying common issues and barriers and prioritizing related improvements.
- Drive the planning and execution of virtual and in-person community events, from webinars and conferences to workshops and hackathons.
- Maintain and connect community members and internal parties to develop a solid network of cross-functional trusted relationships.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Business Development, Developer Relations, and Engineering, to ensure consistent messaging and alignment across all community initiatives.
- Analyze community engagement data and metrics to track the success of strategies and propose improvements based on insights.
- Stay updated on industry trends and competitor activities to inform the evolution of Axelar's community strategy.
- Serve as a spokesperson for Axelar's community efforts, participating in public speaking engagements, panels, and conferences.
- Proven experience of 5+ years in community management, with 2+ years in a leadership capacity.
- Experience organizing and overseeing online and offline community events, from inception to execution.
- Strong understanding of blockchain technology, decentralized ecosystems, and the dynamics of online communities.
- Proficiency in utilizing community management tools, analytics platforms, and social media for strategy and measurement.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute successful community engagement strategies, resulting in increased user engagement and brand recognition.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to think creatively and analytically to drive continuous improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate teams and stakeholders.
- A technical background in blockchain is a plus.
What we offer
- Autonomous, distributed environment with the opportunity to work collaboratively in a diverse team worldwide.
- The scope to contribute to high-impact work and make a difference in a decentralized protocol.
- Chance to challenge yourself while learning heaps of stuff in the process.
- Unlimited time off throughout the year to rest and recharge.
- Competitive compensation with stock options, experiencing growth from the initial phase.