Senior Backend Engineer
🚀 Ethos Wallet is a start-up building virtual wallet infrastructure and creating a reimagined wallet as a home base for web3 users to experience dApps, starting on the Sui blockchain. We are well-funded by boldstart, gumi Cryptos Capital, and several incredible angels and other investors.
We’re a remote-first team of 6 people who are passionate about bringing the power of blockchain technology to more developers and consumers, starting with Sui. Our culture is highly collaborative, with each team member contributing a unique perspective and skillset that helps make Ethos “Ethos”.
Check out our open source work at https://github.com/EthosWallet
We’re looking for a stellar senior backend engineer to join our team. We’re an early startup so roles are hard to capture in a job description; we tried our best below.
✨ This might be a good place for you if:
You are highly technical with deep experience on a wide range of backend challenges; you are constantly learning; you have experience with security and DevOps; you may have experience or are excited to learn more about data analysis and evolving areas of research, especially around the blockchain, such as Multi-Party Computation (MPC); and you love working on things that add a ton of value to consumers and developers alike. You are excited to create and help lead the team in managing a secure, stable, and scalable system.
🛠 What you’ll be working on at Ethos:
- Wallet infrastructure. Create and maintain the systems to ensure our wallet infrastructure is scalable and secure, including the internal processes for that security. We’re currently mostly working in NextJS / TypeScript with a Postgres database.
- Scalable systems. While there’s a lot of web3 here, we still have “web2” servers and databases running that need to scale appropriately and codebases that need proper infrastructure to support that scaling.
- Product thinking. This is a startup, and our entire team needs to be intimately involved in solving customer’s problems. Our users are both developers and consumer end-users.
- Teaching other team members on DevOps, security, and data analysis. Encouraging the entire team to adopt best practices for stability, scalability, security, dev ops and data analysis.
⚡️ About You
- Experience keeping production systems running smoothly
- Experience building software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications
- You love working collaboratively with different disciplines and learning from others
- You are an expert who stays curious
- You are a thoughtful communicator and collaborator and work to gain consensus with your peers and stakeholders, but you’re not afraid to speak up
- You want to win, but prefer to win as a team
- You are proactive
- You have 7+ years of experience in an engineering role…or if you don’t, you are still confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role.
- You are thoughtful and open about your priorities, goals, and aspirations so we can help you achieve them
*****If you don’t have all these experiences and skills and think you’d be a great fit for this role regardless, please still apply and let us know why.
☀️ Benefits and Support
- Flexible working hours and unlimited time off with approval
- Comprehensive health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- A remote working environment
- We encourage, support, and make time for our team members to invest in side projects and personal projects
🌴 Location: fully remote, with some team in-person retreats (~1-4x per year). We keep North American business hours primarily, which is required.
⭐️ How to Apply: For interested folks, happy to share more details. Our ideal candidate would be open to a short, paid work trial project before being hired full-time. Reach out to Nadia via email at email@example.com with your resume, LinkedIn and GitHub profiles or portfolio, location/time zone, Twitter and any other information you think is relevant.
Ethos is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you require accommodation while completing your application or during the interview process, please do not hesitate to let us know.