Developer Relations Engineer
The Future is Omnichain.
Founded in 2021, LayerZero’s vision is to create a community of cross-chain developers, building dApps that are no longer constrained by individual blockchain capabilities. With LayerZero's simple, generic messaging protocol, builders will develop cross-chain dApps designed to unify the power of individual blockchains.
We have built and launched the first dApp, Stargate, a fully composable native asset bridge that will allow users to swap one asset to another securely and without additional fees.
We are funded by the best investors in the world including:
a16z, Sequoia, PayPal, Binance Ventures, Coinbase Ventures, Uniswap Labs, Circle Ventures, Delphi Digital, and many more.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Developer Relations Engineer, you will be the primary liaison between the development community and Layer Zero. You will build and maintain relationships with developers, fostering a thriving ecosystem and promoting the growth of Layer Zero technologies. You will also build Thought Leadership strategies to drive perception and bring more applications and developers into the ecosystem.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate with the community on protocols, standards, and technical specifications.
- Build simple applications and proofs-of-concept with the Layer Zero stack to create examples and improve the developer experience on the platform.
- Work with the education team to create content (technical and non-technical) for various purposes, including but not limited to social media posts, website copy, blog posts, interviews, video scripts, animations, articles, and press releases.
- Work with the marketing team to manage events and offer mentoring, support, and guidance for developers and community members during the physical and virtual events.
- Gather feedback from projects using Layer Zero and report findings to the team for continued product improvement.
- Collaborate with the marketing team on social media strategy.
- Own and manage relationships with external developer communities to drive awareness and usage of LayerZero.
- Strong software development background and problem-solving skills
- At least 6-8 years of experience with Blockchain, understanding of core concepts, and variety of use cases across gaming, defi, and enterprise space
- Exceptional content development and delivery skills
- Experience in working with developer communities
Equal Opportunity Employer
LayerZero Labs is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. LayerZero Labs is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.