Head of Security Risk
The Sui Foundation exists to support the development, growth and adoption of the Sui network. Sui is the first permissionless Layer 1 blockchain designed from the ground up to enable creators and developers to build unique Web3 experiences from gaming to finance.
The Sui Foundation is committed to three decentralization principles; Embrace transparency and level the playing field, Communicate openly to build a culture of trust, and Engage directly with the community.
We are seeking a highly experienced and motivated Head of Security to lead our risk management efforts. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining risk management policies, procedures and practices that support our business objectives. The successful candidate will also be responsible for ensuring the organization's compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Develop and implement security and privacy policies and standards in accordance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Establish data classification and handling procedures to ensure data is appropriately protected and handled in accordance with relevant standards.
- Define key risk indicators (KRIs), risk appetite, and benchmarking measures to manage risk effectively.
- Build and maintain a strong risk culture that is embedded throughout the organization.
- Conduct regular reviews of risk management effectiveness and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Conduct independent risk assessments, assurance, and testing to ensure that the organization is effectively managing its risks.
- Provide credible technical challenge, including design reviews, to ensure that new products, services and systems are developed with risk management in mind.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., risk management, business administration, finance).
- 10+ years of experience in risk management or a related field.
- Experience in the development and implementation of security and privacy policies and standards.
- Strong knowledge of data classification and handling practices.
- Demonstrated experience in defining KRIs, risk appetite, and benchmarking measures.
- Strong understanding of risk culture and how to build and maintain it.
- Experience in conducting independent risk assessments, assurance, and testing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Our team is 100% remote and we are hiring across the world. Here at the Sui Foundation, you’ll be joining a world-class team with tremendous growth potential as we bring the next billion users to web3.