Developer Relations Engineer
The Sui Foundation exists to support the development, growth and adoption of the Sui network. Sui is the first permissionless Layer 1 blockchain designed from the ground up to enable creators and developers to build unique Web3 experiences from gaming to finance.
The Sui Foundation is committed to three decentralization principles; Embrace transparency and level the playing field, Communicate openly to build a culture of trust, and Engage directly with the community.
The Developer Relations team engages with the developer community online and in person to provide expert help and encouragement in building next generation web3 applications on Sui. As a Developer Relations Engineer, you will collaborate and connect with developers, enabling them to build and innovate on Sui.
In this role, you will primarily use your web3 engineering skills to create innovative demos, example dApps and hardware projects that showcase use cases built on Sui that captivate the developer community. You will create educational content and tooling around these applications and present them, alongside the rest of the DevRel team, at worldwide events, including at Sui Builder Houses. You will also engage directly with the Sui community to troubleshoot problems, encourage best practices, build communities and provide feedback from the community to the core contributors of Sui.
This role is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys high-impact, complex, and multi-disciplinary programs. Experience of Move (or Rust) is a positive that will enable the role to be picked up quickly, but fast learners are also welcome!
- Understand the community's goals, and provide technical expertise and direction to help the developers navigate their journey of building on Sui.
- Create and own the feedback loop between the community and the foundation.
- Translate developer feedback into meaningful product insights for future product development.
- Develop innovative demos, example dApps and hardware projects that showcase exciting use cases on Sui.
- Develop and deliver remote and in-person training sessions and community events for new and existing developers.
- Proficiency in more than one programming language.
- Experience with blockchain technology.
- Experience with Move and/or Rust is a positive.
- Working experience in software development.
- Understanding of the crypto ecosystem.
- Ability to tailor your communication and explain complex concepts to different backgrounds of audiences.
- Demonstrated writing and verbal communication skills.
Our team is 100% remote and we are hiring across the world. Here at the Sui Foundation, you’ll be joining a world-class team with tremendous growth potential as we bring the next billion users to web3.